Are you seeking a new career opportunity in flood risk management?
Would you like to work with a dynamic and growing environmental consulting company?
Due to continued growth, JBA Consulting are seeking an experienced Land Surveyor to join our Edinburgh office. The role will include a mixture of carrying out detailed topographical surveys/river cross sections and processing of survey data. This will involve establishing safe systems of working; assessing potential risk; liaising with clients/stakeholders; establishing control networks; carrying out detail surveys and supervising more junior members of the survey team. The survey processing will be through several different software packages, including TBC, LSS, GeoRiver, AutoCAD and ArcGIS, and the deliverables will support works in relation to on-going engineering design and environmental projects within the flood risk management sector.
The role is based in our Edinburgh, EH14 4AP, office although some UK travel will be required, with associated overnight stays away from home.
For further information please contact Robbie Cowan.
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role:
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Proven land survey capability, with enough experience to lead topographical detail surveys / river cross section surveys both safely and professionally.
- Competent skills in the use of both GNSS and Total Station survey equipment.
- Excellent IT skills, including AutoCAD, GIS and standard MS Office programmes, as well as a recognised surveying processing software i.e. TBC, LSS, or equivalent.
- Be comfortable working in/on water.
- A valid UK driving licence.
If not already professionally qualified, then it is expected that you will work towards gaining a recognised professional qualification, i.e. MRICS or MCInstCES.
Previous experience of working within the water environment i.e. survey for river models type projects, will be considered an advantage.
Who we’re looking for:
You will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Proactive and be able to work independently and unsupervised.
- Taking responsibility for own work and that of the survey team you lead.
- A sound understanding of health & safety and best practice standards relating to Land Surveying.
- Be able to demonstrate good communication skills, both verbal and written.