We are looking for experienced qualified; flood risk engineers, consultants and modellers, with an interest in a range of flood risk management fields to join our successful and rapidly growing team based in the city of Newport, South Wales.
Our teams provide strategic, feasibility and design advice to a range of clients involved in development, land use planning and flood risk management projects. These include coastal flood risk management, surface water drainage design, flood risk assessments and catchment scale flood management. We work closely with communities raising flood awareness and improving levels of flood resilience, through the provision of property flood protection measures and developing emergency flood response plans.
The range of opportunities provide a variety of career openings and challenges, dependent on your specific knowledge, skills and interest, including:
- working with homeowners, undertaking property and community flood risk assessments;
- delivering emergency flood exercises to Category 1 and 2 responders;
- coastal, fluvial and surface water flood risk management and assessment studies and engineering;
- supporting development planning and assessing site flood risk assessments;
- flood risk modelling.
The post is based at our Newport, South Wales office although you will be expected to work with technical staff from across JBA’s offices. A valid driving licence will be required.
For further information please contact George Baker.
Qualifications and experience
Candidates should have:
- A relevant degree(s) in engineering, environmental management or geography is required. A post-graduate qualification is desirable.
- Good technical background with relevant and proven UK commercial experience is essential.
We are recruiting for all levels and grades other than entry-level. Recent graduates should apply via our Graduate Programme.