Do you have a passion for sustainable landscape solutions?
Do you want to influence the design of major UK flood risk management schemes?
JBA Consulting has a particular focus on water-related projects, including fluvial and coastal flood defence as well as habitat creation initiatives, and river restoration projects. We are looking for a talented Chartered Landscape Architect to join our National Landscape Team, delivering a wide range of projects for a wide spectrum of clients, including the Environment Agency through our appointment on their Collaborative Delivery Framework (CDF).
The CDF portfolio constitutes the largest collection of Flood and Coastal Risk Management (FCRM) projects in the south of England, covering Kent, Sussex and Hampshire. Current projects include a range of major coastal schemes across the south coast, flood storage proposals, and habitat creation projects.
With experienced principal and technical leaders, we can offer career-minded individuals the room to grow both their technical and managerial experience, build on their professional qualifications, and look towards the next development in their career.
This role will be based at our new CDF Delivery Hub in Portsmouth
Alternatively, we may consider applicants who wish to be based at our Haywards Heath office.
JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
For an informal discussion about this position contact Mark Willy t: 01633 413514.
Qualifications and experience
Applicants must have a degree (or equivalent) in Landscape Architecture.
Chartered status is important to JBA and valued by our clients and applicants should be a chartered member of the Landscape Institute or a related equivalent. We will consider experienced candidates who are not yet chartered but are working towards chartership, and we will support you through this process.
Core skills & experience required:
- The ability to coordinate design packages, from initial site concepts to detailed designs.
- Demonstrable experience in Landscape & Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA), with strong report writing skills.
- Strong people and Project Management skills.
- A proven ability to collaborate within a team of interdisciplinary colleagues, to ensure high-quality landscape solutions are integrated at all stages of a project.
- Natural Flood Management (NFM) and SuDs design experience.
- Strong skills using AutoCAD and Adobe software products.
- Full UK driving licence.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Team leadership.
- Contract review and management.
- Bid and tender preparation.
The right candidate will be:
- Organised and able to balance competing priorities.
- An enthusiastic and dynamic team player, who is a strong communicator with a design and planning background.
- A pragmatic thinker and solution finder.
- A self-starter, who manages their own workload, and potentially that of a wider team.
- Good at fostering relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders.