We are looking for a suitable candidate to help support our environmental and flood risk modelling teams.
The position will be based at our Skipton, North Yorkshire office. However, occasional travel to our other offices may be necessary therefore a valid driving licence will be an advantage.
As an Assistant Technician, you would provide technical and administrative support to our environmental modelling teams working on a variety of projects including environmental modelling and flood risk mapping. You would be involved in Computer Aided Design (CAD), Geographical Information System (GIS), hydraulic model development and administrative tasks associated with delivering projects for a variety of clients in the public and private sectors.
The role would be ideally suited to a person with a passion for working in environmental management and previous experience in this area would be desirable.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Andrew Gubbin.
Qualifications and experience
- Good A-Levels in relevant subjects (e.g. Maths, Geography, IT)
- Experience in the use of CAD and GIS packages desirable
- Able to understand and interpret instructions
- Able to appreciate the requirements of tasks including working to deadlines
- Able to be enthusiastic, apply care and diligence to execution of tasks.