- 6th June 2016
- Posted by: Joanne Woodhouse
- Category: News
George Baker, Anne-Marie Moon, Philip Bennett-Lloyd and Gary Deakin will be attending the ICE Wales Flooding Conference in Cardiff on 7 June, where we will be demonstrating our wave tank throughout the day.
The wave tank is one of three physical models developed by the JBA Trust, to demonstrate flood hydraulics on our rivers and coasts. The model shows how wave overtopping can be managed by a range of different defences and management interventions.
Over recent years our engineers, flood risk consultants, environmental and water management consultants, ecologists and landscape architects have been involved in a wide range of projects across Wales, including:
- Flood risk management consultants to Tidal Lagoon Power on the proposals for a tidal lagoon at Cardiff.
- Designers of the £11 million Crindau flood defence scheme in Newport.
- Centre of excellence for the delivery of flood resilience, property level protection and emergency planning.
- Consultant for Wales’ first large scale coastal realignment project, at Cwm Ivy Marsh, Gower.
Want to find out more?
Come along and meet us to find out more about our involvement with these projects and how we can help you with your own projects. If you can’t make it to the conference you can email George Baker or call 01633 413 514 to find out more.