- 26th June 2017
- Posted by: Sophie Bunker
- Category: Projects
We were asked to work with East Ayrshire Council in Lugar, Scotland, looking at the potential of a recycling facility.
We were tasked with providing a household waste recycling centre (HWRC) and a bulking facility. The aim was to enable the storage of paper cardboard, glass, plastics, metal cans and compostable food waste prior to recycling. A redundant business park was then proposed to be reused for the site.
To achieve this, we:
- Compiled an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) scoping report in addition to the Environmental Statement (ES) and Non-Technical Summary (NTS)
- Prepared planning application (including design and access statement)
- Managed and procured specialist services.
The planning approval process ran smoothly to programme. The Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) plays an important role in informing the planning and design of a development project, so that potential adverse effects are addressed early on.
Want to know more?
Further to the above we can undertake the following to help with your projects:
- Screening submissions
- Scoping reports
- Environmental statement writing and coordinating
- Liaison with regulators
- EIA training
- Expert witness work
- Environmental statement reviews.
Our EIA specialists can help you coordinate the different specialists undertaking the assessments ensuring this fits in with the projects planning and design.