- 26th July 2017
- Posted by: Joanne Woodhouse
- Category: Projects
You may require a land survey at any stage of your project to help you.
We carried out scour and geomorphology assessments for Conwy County Borough Council at Hendre-ddu.
This involved a channel survey along 3km of the river to inform the design of a replacement 7.2m span bridge. The existing bridge foundations had been subject to several phases of scour as the upstream watercourse meanders and flows against the bridge foundations.
- River channel cross section survey
- Production of survey drawings and supply of ISIS model data.
- Provided a hydraulic model to give a better understanding of scour risk
- Allowed them to take into account all of the impacts at the design stage of the project.
Want to know more?
Our in depth understanding of the natural environment allows us to provide a Land Survey service with a difference. We understand that every job is unique and therefore requires the skill of our highly-trained surveyors and the right equipment. We utilise the most modern Land Survey technology to provide cost effective and safe solutions for all of our client’s needs.
Our surveyors can provide support at all stages of a development project including:
- Topographical surveys
- Setting Out
- Level position surveys of assets
- Volume surveys and calculations
- Bathymetric surveys of inland waters
- Post flood event surveys.
Our team also have specialist skills in Property Level Protection surveys associated with protecting individual properties from flooding.
Contact Matthew Hemsworth for more information on this project and how we can you with future projects. You can also visit our environmental web pages to find out more about our environmental services.