- 7th April 2017
- Posted by: Sophie Bunker
- Category: Blog
We would like to make you aware of an exciting new programme of CIWEM accredited courses, in Flood and Coastal Risk Management, that we are delivering in partnership with Lancaster University.
The courses allow you to enhance your professional skills and learn how to apply best practice techniques for modelling, understanding and managing risk with a range of qualifications. Benefits include:
- Flexible delivery enabling you to continue working whilst studying
- Opportunity to start at any time throughout the year
- Gain technical skills and knowledge that can be directly applied to a wide range of roles and disciplines in the water, environment and flood risk management sector
- Leads to a Postgraduate Certificate with options to progress to a Postgraduate Diploma or an MSc
- Modules can be taken as individual CPD courses.
The next module is ‘Sustainable Floodplain Management and River Restoration’ which starts on 10 May 2017. Other modules include:
- Catchment Hydrology and Assessment
- River Hydraulics: Processes, Structures and Modelling
- Urban Hydrology and Sustainable Drainage Systems
- Forecasting and Extreme Event Response
- Sustainable Floodplain Management and Restoration
- Coastal Erosion and Flood Risk Management
- Groundwater Resources and Protection
- Catchment Protection.
What do other people think?
“I really enjoyed the course and thought the lecturers were friendly, knowledgeable and very approachable.” Engineering Technician in Flood Risk, St Helens Council.
“It was very useful to be tutored by experts in the field with in depth and practical knowledge of the module content.” SuDS and Development Control officer, North Yorkshire County Council.
Fancy a discount?
If you have previously attended one of our training courses you are eligible for a discount of £100, applicable to the PgCert and PgDip which must be booked before October 2017.
All you have to do is quote ‘JBAPGCERT’ and the name of the JBA course you attended when providing your invoicing details to Lancaster Environment Centre.