- 15th June 2017
- Posted by: Sophie Bunker
- Category: Projects
The project involved the design and construction of a Peace Garden for Bradford University’s city centre campus. The Peace Garden project was to form one of the most visible landscape developments in Phase 1 of the University’s ecoversity proposals. Embedding the principle of sustainable development and place making throughout the campus.
To achieve such a goal we:
- Designed an inspiring, uplifting, innovative, space, sensitive to many different users and stakeholders
- Constructed on ecologically sound area for quiet contemplation.
- The city and the university staff/students now have a new public realm garden
- Design allowed for the retention of a number of existing mature trees and the re-use of existing railings and paving materials
- Chosen plan incorporates 7 water jets & fruit trees representing the 7 continents.
Want to know more?
We can support your proposals from the initial concept stages through to implementation. Our team can provide advice and guidance in all aspects of landscape planning, design and assessment.
We can offer a full range of landscape and assessment services including:
- Landscape design
- Landscape planning
- Master planning
- Landscape and visual impact appraisals and assessment
- Landscape management plans
- Landscape character assessments
- Planting plans and specifications
- Green infrastructure studies
- Graphic design, sketches and other visualisations
- Contract management
- Stakeholder engagement and public consultation.